Do you take the opportunity to enjoy simple pleasures? So many have come my way recently and I have enjoyed them all!
* time for coffee with friends
* the beauty of a tulip tree in full bloom
* daffodils and hyacinths blooming
* date night with Don
* sleeping with the windows open last night
* learning how to make homemade yogurt
* the thoughtfulness of a friend
* digging into the book of Esther
* regular bread baking
* birds singing at 3 am
* a sunny day in the upper 70s
What is on your list?
Keep your eyes open so you can notice your simple pleasures, be spontaneous and take the opportunities presented, savor the moments, and give thanks for them! I think God places them in our lives so we can get encouragement from them but we have to be somewhat aware of our surroundings to discover them. It is too easy to be focused on the list of the day or a monumental task that precious moments quickly pass by unnoticed.
Savoring the Simple Pleasures,