Our family gathered around the television last night to hear the State of the Union. It was another great reminder to pray for our country and for those who are serving and leading our nation!
Christians have many differing views on where our country is headed and the best way to get there. It is important to be informed on the issues, prayerfully ponder them, seek God’s heart on the matters, and vote when given the opportunity.
Members of US government would benefit from our prayers. We have city, county, and state government officials who would benefit from our prayers as well. Please consider praying specifically for those serving in all levels of public office that God would:
- guard their marriages and families
- protect their physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health
- safeguard them against the schemes of those who intend to harm or lead them astray
- defend them when they are in the correct course of action
- convict them when they are not
- unveil the eyes of those who do not believe in Him
- surround believers with others who will encourage spiritual growth
- surround unbelievers with opportunities to engage in healthy spiritual conversation with Godly men and women
Ask God to give you other prayer areas to add to this list. You can even pray for your local, state, and national leaders by name! Don’t get too bogged down in the details–start by praying in general and ask God to direct your prayers through His Word.
Here is a link to an organization offering many different angles and opportunities for prayer. Check them out when you have a chance!!