Ever have one of those times when life is crazy and the concerns of the moment are overwhelming and make it difficult to get your bearings?
- A car accident leaves a loved one critically injured.
- A “pink slip” is handed to you.
- A grim diagnosis comes from the doctor.
- A crime is committed against you.
Or maybe your stressors are a collection of little situations over time that have become overwhelming and incapacitating. Thankfully, we don’t often experience the big situations listed above, but life can change so quickly. Sometimes, a survey of the things I need to get done or am already behind on can make feel dizzy and disoriented, not knowing where to start.
If the path seems a bit fuzzy, here are some things that might help you regain your focus:
- Close your eyes and ask God for His strength for the moment.
- Ask for prayer support. Sometimes just stating the struggle you are going through gets it out on the table and gives you chance to access it.
- Be honest about your situation.
- Take a brisk walk for 15 minutes to clear your head.
We all have different circumstances that send us reeling and mess with how we are looking at our situation. We often are unable to see God’s perspective and the work God is doing “behind the scenes”. If you are in a calm time in life, pray for those you may know who are walking through a difficult time. Lift them up in prayer or lend a hand.
I pray you learn from and grow in your relationship with God. Ask Him to clear your eyes so you can get a glimpse of His vision!