Today’s PrayerPoint ~ Psalm 8
“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” Psalm 8:1
After being grateful yesterday, it seems fitting to look at the majesty of God. When I read Psalm 8, I am overwhelmed by who God is and who I am and that He is mindful of me and shows me His grace, love, and forgiveness. It also reminds me how much more mindful of Him I should be!
And if God, the Creator of the Universe, considers me worthy of His investment, it puts such a different perspective on my life than if I was just here by “accident” or with no purpose. And if He feels this way about me then He feels that way about you and every person on this planet! When I ponder this, I am reminded of not only my value but every person’s value:
- From those in my zip code to those across the time zones
- From the weakest to the healthiest
- From the lovable to the unlovable
- From the delightful to the frustrating
- From the sweetest to the angriest
- From the innocent to the guilty
- From the very young (pre-born) to the very old
- From the cleanest to the dirtiest
- From the kindest to the meanest
“What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?” Psalm 8:4
Since God is our Creator, there must be value in each of us…each and every one of us! Sometimes it might take some digging because we are broken people–our limited perspective doesn’t let us see the value in others and, sometimes, we aren’t able to see the value in ourselves.
Psalm 8 is a great place to get a glimpse of the majesty of God and His love for His people!