PrayerPoint ~ The Eyes
Eyes are so intriguing. They are incredibly designed – by an incredible Designer. With so much available to look at, I invite you to consider what you see, where you look, and what you are looking for.
I know if I am looking for ways to be annoyed, many come within my vision in very short order. If I am looking for ways to be distracted, my eyes will surely pick up on something to distract me. If I have been hurt by something I saw, it is often quickly recalled in my mind.
Here are some of the things I want to see and appreciate and care about:
* God’s creation ~ it is truly stunning
* God’s people ~ particularly the hurting among us. Sometimes it is difficult to look at but so very important to be aware of at least in order to pray
* God’s plan ~ sometimes it seems so clear and other times we only move on faith and clinging desperately to His promises
* God’s provision ~ often in ways I cannot see or detect but always there
* God’s love ~ available in many, many forms
You have given me the gift of my eyes. Even though they may be aging and needing assistance via prescription lenses, I thank you for my eyes. Please help me to see others the way You do. There are many things available for me to see, but not all those options are beneficial. In fact, many are dangerous and damaging. Please, Lord, let help me to guard my eyes from things that I shouldn’t be looking at or looking for. In Jesus’ Name…
Blessings on your day! May you see with His loving eyes!
2 thoughts on “PrayerPoint ~ February 23”
This is so true and key to walking by faith through our day, in tune with Him and not with what we see. I’m encouraged and edified by what you share, Liz.
Thanks, Debbi. I am often amazed at why I would not “tune in” to the way He would have me see things. A God-centered perspective changes EVERYTHING!