The Rubik’s Cube is a 3-D mechanical puzzle invented in 1974 by Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture Ernő Rubik. We were pretty excited at our house when it first came out because we are 100% Hungarian. It wasn’t until recently that I wondered if there were some correlations between this cube and my life.
- While getting one side to be all one color is impressive, it isn’t considered “solving the puzzle”.
- Life Correlation: Just because I look put together in one area doesn’t mean I have all of life figured out. Check out all the sides.
- One wrong turn can lead to several and that can lead to a mess.
- Life Correlation: One wrong turn is rarely ever just one wrong turn. It is often the start of a series of bad moves.
- Trying to put the puzzle back to its original shape takes time, patience, and practice.
- Life Correlation: Trying to pick up the pieces in my life and put it back to its ‘original shape’ is impossible. I am so thankful for God’s mercy, grace, and forgiveness!
- No matter how messed up it looks right now, there is someone who can put my confused Rubik’s Cube® back into a complete and perfect, original shape.
- Life Correlation: No matter how messed up my life looks right now, God can take all of the wrongs I have done and the wrongs done to me and transform them for ministry moments in this broken and hurting world.
My prayer is that you allow God to work His healing and wholeness into every area of your life. As your healing progresses, do not be surprised if He asks you to share your story (His-story) to bless another fellow traveler on the path.